Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics
Orthodontics is the specialty in dentistry which deals with the treatment of malocclusion, and abnormalities related to the craniofacial region. It is that area of the dental profession that has a responsibility to supervise the dental and skeletal growth and development from birth to maturity. It includes all preventive, interceptive, corrective and surgical procedures required to establish esthetics, function and stable facial contours.
The Department is well known for its outstanding Post graduate program, and also known for conducting significant and timely research on important orthodontic and other health-related topics.
The mission of the Department is to train both under graduate students and post graduate students to be proficient in the clinical specialty of orthodontics, at their respective levels.
At the under graduate level, the orthodontic experience includes various didactic and laboratory courses, as well as some opportunities to gain clinical experience.
The Post graduate program consists of intensive didactic, clinical, and research components. An evidence-based approach to diagnosis and treatment planning is emphasized throughout the program, as are the highest ethical standards. The department is a pioneer in clinical orthodontics including functional jaw orthopedics, self -ligation, lingual orthodontics, Clear Aligners, treatment of cleft lip & palate, mini- implants and esthetic orthodontics.
Department encourage students to inculcate basic research which would help develop critical thinking and writing skills allowing them a significant contribution to the scientific literature.
Presently the department has post graduate course with intake of 5 students each year. The department has state of art facilities, sophisticated gadgets, high quality materials with fully automated dental chairs, photography section, wet and dry lab. Departmental library has latest books for immediate reference.
The Department consists of a talented and experienced group of faculty who have dedicated their careers to the orthodontic profession. These faculties are supported by an excellent and caring administrative and clinical staff. Our students come from all over India, and provide an infusion of energy and new ideas every year.
+ Read More - Read Less
Professor & Head of the Department
Dr. Achint Juneja is the Head of Department of Orthodontics and DentofacialOrthopaedics at Institute of Dental Studies & Technologies. He did his BDS and MDS from ITS-CDSR and with an academic experience of more than 10 years; he has numerous clinical and academic achievements to his credit. He is an active member of Indian Orthodontic Society and Fellow of Pierre Fauchard Academy.
Dr. Juneja has a keen eye towards technological advancements in clinical practice and has advocated them for the betterment of the students. Be it liaising with existing team of his department or observing, analyzing, and offering suggestions on current operations, Dr. Juneja has established himself a key contributor to the overall welfare of the student body. He believes that research is the backbone of modern innovation and has tried to inculcate and feed the curious minds with his innovative ideas and support towards various research projects done by students. He is a reviewer of many national and international journals and has various publications to his credit. He has actively organized various National and international conferences and has shared scientific sessions at the same.
His strong basic knowledge of the subject amalgamated with his keen interest in the world of Orthodontic innovation makes him a proficient teacher. Added to that, his great interpersonal skills and kindness make him an approachable guide to all his students.
+ Read More - Read Less
- Students are trained by means of lectures, demonstrations, tutorials, preclinical, laboratory, and clinical work.
- Clinical Postings including live demonstrations on the patients.
- Well-equipped department with modern infra-structure and equipment’s required to provide excellence in clinical care and train future orthodontists.
Dr. Achint Juneja
Professor & Head
Dr. Stuti Mohan
Dr. Ankur Agarwal
Dr. Ruchi Saini
Dr. Bharti Khanna
Dr. Reshu Jindal
Dr. Neetu Sharma
Dr. Mushaid Hasan
Dr. Rashmi Mittal
Dr. Ankit Shahi
- Dr. Ashish Kumar- Formulation of a three-dimensional (3D) radiographical assessment scale after secondary alveolar bone grafting (SABG) in cleft lip and palate (CLP) patients-in-vivo clinical prospective study.
- Dr ShuvadeepDutta - Comparative evaluation of maxillary protraction with or without skeletal anchorage in patient with unilateral cleft lip and palate using CBCT: a clinical prospective study.
- Department conducted Student exchange programme with TeerrthankerMahaveer University on 23rd -24th May 2022
- Department has conducted first module on “Damon -Passive self ligating system” by Dr C S Ramachandra on 23rd March 2022
- Juneja A, Shetty D, Jain A, Khanna KS, Pruthi N, Gupta A, Chowdhary M. Assessment of palatal rugae pattern and their reproducibility for application in forensic analysis. J forensic Dent Sci2013;5:106-9
- AulakhGS , Sharma P, Juneja A, Kumar P. Effect of grape seed extract and sodium ascorbate solution on the shear bond strength of ceramic brackets bonded to bleached enamel. J Dent Specialities.2016;4( 2 ): 108 - 112