Oral Medicine and Radiology
Oral Medicine and Radiology is the specialty that focuses on the diagnosis and medical management of complex diagnostic and medical disorders affecting the mouth and jaws. The Radiology part of the subject equips the budding dentists in the field of diagnosis using conventional and advanced imaging modalities.
The Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology at the Institute of Dental Studies and Technologies fosters the development of dental graduates and postgraduates with adequate knowledge, necessary skills and reasonable attitude, which are required for carrying out all activities appropriate to general dental practice involving prevention, diagnosis & treatment of all Dental & Maxillofacial pathologies. In Oral and Dento-Maxillofacial Radiology, training in detail about the techniques and interpretation of intra-oral and extra-oral radiographs and radiographic diagnosis of the Dento-Maxillofacial Pathoses are provided.
Since its inception, the OMR unit is witnessing a steady progress in all dimensions. Presently the department has post graduate course with intake of 3 students each year. The department is having latest advanced equipment for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes and focusses on Cone Beam Computed Tomography as a part of Digital Dental Radiology Section with fully automated dental chairs, Tobacco Cessation Clinic, specialised sections including Biopsy Clinic, TENS and Therapeutic Ultrasound Clinics. The departmental library is equipped with latest editions of Oral Medicine, Radiology & Differential Diagnosis Reference books. The departmental research work has been acclaimed at various levels.
+ Read More - Read Less
Professor & Head of the Department
Professor Dr. Deepankar Misra, is a graduate of Subharti Dental College, Meerut and post graduate of Institute of Dental Sciences, Bareilly and holds over 12 years of academic experience in the field of Oral Medicine and Radiology.
He is heading the department and having research experience as a postgraduate guide and co-guide from last 12 years with more than 55 National and International publications to his name and author and reviewer of various National and International books and journals.
He is an examiner for BDS and MDS to various universities. He is also reviewer of various journals and has attended various national and international conferences pertaining to his field of specialization wherein he has chaired many scientific sessions. He is actively involved in the various academic activities of Indian Academy of Oral Medicine and Radiology (IAOMR) and won many recognitions and awards in IAOMR.
His area of interest is diagnosis and management of disorders of oro-facial region and maxillofacial imaging and has organized a number of IAOMR lectures and conferences.
+ Read More - Read Less
An undergraduate student in the Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology is concerned with detailed recording of case histories and should be able to identify different oro facial disorders including mucosal lesions such as vesiculobullous diseases, precancerous and cancerous lesions TMJ and Salivary gland disorders. At Undergraduate level the student should have an adequate knowledge about common laboratory investigations and interpretation of their results.Read More +
A post graduate student of the Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology is trained under best supervision through preclinical lectures, seminars, clinical case presentations, journal clubs which have been specifically designed in a manner that provides for optimal growth and excellency in performance of the student. The Post Graduates are deliberated upon oral mucosal lesions, tumors, oral manifestation of systemic diseases, radiographic...Read More +
Dr. Deepankar Misra
Professor & Head
Dr. Mukul Prabhat
Dr. Puneet Bhatnagar
Dr. Sahil Mustafa Kidwai
Dr. Himanshi Tomar
Dr. Vashishtha Singh
Dr. Chhavi Srivastava
Dr. Deepankar Misra
- Awarded Best Scientific Paper (Faculty Category) and Chaired Scientific Sessions in National 34th IAOMR Conference organized by Bapuji Dental College, Davangere, on 1st to 3rd December 2023.
- Best Community Service Award (Individual Category) - 2023 by IAOMR
- Conducted regular camps for Screening and treatment of Oral Cancer & Potentially malignant disorders on occasions such as World Oral Hygiene Day 2022 and National Oral Medicine and Radiology Day 2021,2022.
- Conducted a Skit and two educational competitions on WORLD NO TOBACCO DAY-2022
- Dr. Manish Singh Prayasi “Cheiloscopy and rugoscopy as screening tools in gender determination a forensic study”
- Dr. Priyanka- “Three dimensional assessment of morphology of soft palate and pharyngeal airway in unilateral cleft palate and non cleft palate patients.”
- Dr. RehbarMudasir Dar- “Analysis of mental foramen as a predict for sexual dimorphism and its utility in forensic odontology- a CBCT study.”
- Shalu Rai, DeepankarMisra, Misra A, Jain A, Verma A, Grover D, Haris A. A novel approach in diagnosing multiple dentigerous cysts using CBCT illustration indicative of Mucopolysaccharidosis VI – a case report.Journal. J Med Life, 2022 Apr;15(3):579-86.
- Shalu Rai, DeepankarMisra, Misra A, Jain A, Bisla S. Impact of oral health factors on quality of life of geriatric population-A systematic review. J Indian Acad Oral Med Radiol 2021 Oct 1;33(4):453-65.